Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Haven't Had a Lot to Say, Huh?

No, I guess I haven't. In the last couple of weeks, I have found time to win Fallout: New Vegas, siding with the NCR. I have since started playing again, but this time I'm choosing a more neutral, self-centered approach. I also got started into a round of an RP game called Classic Country Capital, but oddly have found that I haven't the time for it like I used to, what with our son's home schooling, work, and other things (aka family).

Last week, for instance, I was presented the opportunity to see my brother. He came to Cincinnati from the St Louis area for an overnight visit before departing northward to visit with our Dad and sisters in Bellefontaine. I hadn't seen him in 20 years, and have come to the realization that I've missed a lot having so little contact with the rest of the family. So, as might be expected of me, many alcoholic beverages were consumed and enjoyed. Fortunately, very little in the way of “side effects” were experienced the following day, and all told, it was a very pleasant, informative visit.

Following my brother's visit, my wife and I were permitted the luxury of a child-free weekend, thanks to her parents. Whilst they took him to Toledo to visit family there, my wife and I went to a car show downtown and enjoyed some movie madness via Netflix. “Angels & Demons,” “The Pledge,” “2012,” and “Surrogates” were among the featured titles, and those along with generous doses of amaretto made for a pleasant weekend that involved surprisingly very little computer time and oddly early bedtimes (for me, anyway).

So I guess what I'm getting at is that I've been busy doing other things, and while a few things have suffered, such as my blog writing, I feel like I've actually done something for a change. Not that I necessarily intend to make a habit of that – geesh, that would ruin my reputation!

No comments:

Post a Comment