Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

Well folks, I have come to realize (purely by accident, I assure you) that today is special for many Americans in that, at 6:30 PM (eastern), American football's biggest game of the year will begin. I'm kinda glad that I won't need to go anywhere this afternoon, as I know fully well that the stores will be packed with people purchasing those last-minute items for their parties, and lets not forget the bar hoppers and other crazies that will be out on the streets.

I'm not really a fan of football – never really have been. I only went to the games in high school because it gave me a good excuse to not be at home – that, and the cheerleaders, I suppose (although I would never have had a chance with any of them). I went to a pro game with my Dad a couple years ago, but I think even he realizes that I went because it was an opportunity to see him, not because football is of any particular concern or interest to me.

I haven't quite figured out what the allure is with football, honestly, except that it is a good cause for people to get together and drink a lot of alcohol... which, of course, I'm perfectly OK with if those people don't have to drive anywhere afterward. That said, I can hang out with people and drink alcohol without having sports of any kind be involved – but I guess I'm just kinda weird like that.

So, whilst the game rages, I will likely be immersed in the Fallout world, pausing only so long as to laugh at a few commercials here and there. My so-called “New Vegas Bowl” shall feature the forces of the New California Republic and Caesar's Legion, and I'll be fighting on the side of the NCR.

Resistance is futile.

I hope everyone enjoys today's entertainment. I'm sure I'll hear all about it tomorrow at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment