Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Interesting Happenings in Hickersonia...



Last night I returned home from work to find nearly a dozen law enforcement vehicles, including canine unit(s), at my apartment complex. Blue and red lights flashing all over the place and dogs barking – many of the neighbors standing outside wondering what was going on. One neighbor said something about “dey be shootin' people 'round here,” but I had to brush that off as rumor since, quite frankly, I just didn't really think that so much commotion could occur without waking my wife. That and the neighbor in question didn't sound intelligent enough to tie his own shoes let alone be aware of anything around him...

Well I come to find this morning that someone was indeed shot last night, but news sources are rather tight-lipped on details at the moment.

I can't find much on the subject aside from the above links. I call Fail on the law enforcement and news right now because in this day and age of radio, telephone, and internet, there is simply no excuse for information to not be distributed more quickly and completely. Speaking technologically (not ethically or legally), If the police cite me for jaywalking on my way home from the Wendy's restaurant a couple blocks away, I should be able to look up the citation on that law enforcement agency's website when I get home. Basic information on something like a shooting in my parking lot should have been available to me within minutes of police responding to it -- I shouldn't have to wait until morning for half-completed blurbs.

Anyway, I hope they can find the shooter – I really hate to think that I could be walking from my car some evening from work and get shot for the 30$ in fuel money I carry or something else equally stupid...

No comments:

Post a Comment