Monday, October 11, 2010

Dalton's Continued Progress

Today we finished the Asia unit of Dalton's history class, focusing on the Arabian Peninsula and the countries of Japan, China, and India. As an added bonus, I developed a lesson on The Philippines so as to increase the unit's scope.


Today's lesson was focused on the Arabian Peninsula, with emphasis on Saudi Arabia in particular. I think seeing this lesson on the plan was one of the reasons I decided to add The Philippines-- I mean, I don't mind him learning about other countries but I guess I didn't really want too much focus on countries I consider “enemies” of the United States. Oh, and no, I didn't express that opinion to Dalton, at least not in the context of the lesson (he knows I don't like buying goods made in China, but not why, nor does he really care I suppose).

Finally, today's lesson closed with a review on the entire Asia unit. Tomorrow he goes on to Africa, starting with the Sahara. Below I have included his “Progress” meters for each class.


With Social Studies completed, I will be focusing on Science two days a week – possibly three if I can get the energy and time to do it. Trying to not get over my head though since I still have to have time to get ready for work every morning. I'm hopeful take taking on Science will give my wife the time she needs to handle the remaining four classes while not over-extending herself during her pregnancy... but I do expect at some point I'll need to take on a little more to help out... we'll see.

Anyway, just wanted to share his progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment