Saturday, September 4, 2010

So Very Tired of Hurting



September 11, 2008 I sustained a back injury at work that has never quite left me in peace since. Today is feeling like one of my “bad” days, which is incredibly unfortunate considering we have plans with friends this evening. While the pain is pretty much continual, it varies in severity from day to day – today being at the point at which I hesitate to pick up anything that might be on the floor or even tie my shoes. Going from standing to sitting is uncomfortable too, and on days like these I find that leaning over the table to eat will cause me more grief than it is worth.

My only solace is in the fact that I have finally gotten over my pride and made an appointment with my doctor to see if there is anything we can do about this continued failure in pain management and healing. Those of you who know me well may be familiar with my extreme disinterest in dealing with physicians, the one caste of human being that seems to always act with arrogance, probably due to their seemingly god-like powers over life and death. As such, I have waiting far too long in having my troubles investigated further – a decision that I hope will not turn into a huge regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment