Monday, September 6, 2010

Rambling About Moving



We're moving into a new apartment, starting September 17 and hopefully being completely moved by the 20th. It is my hope that we'll be starting to settle in by that point, but it is hard for me to really be terribly concerned with that yet since we really haven't hardly started packing yet. Pictures are still hanging on the walls and most non-essentials are still sitting out in the open just waiting to be parked in boxes, but very little as of yet has actually made it into one.

I did start packing up some of the stuff on my desk, but with one box full I find that the rest of the things might be needed between now and the move, you might imagine I'm hesitant to put it all away if I'm just going to have to cut it back out of a box in a day or two...

But, I'm ready for this otherwise. I want it done and over with so that we can get on with planning Christmas and, hopefully, enjoying the Winter months. Yeah, I'm one of those weirdos that LIKES the winter, but anyway...

Of course, I couldn't tell you to save my life what most of our... uh... stuff... is. I know a lot of it is mine, and I remember acquiring some of it, but what it is or why it is hanging around is unknown to me right now. This goes for a lot of stuff that sits inside one of a multitude of boxes, totes, and other containers that have only been opened a couple times this year, but also applies to the vast majority of the items that reside in our living room, a large portion of which I suspect pretty much belong to my better half (sorry, love).

So, while I'm totally ready for this move, the rest of Hickersonia isn't quite there yet. I really hope we can get it together in the next ten days... It is kinda funny how much stuff we accumulate over time, even if we can't see any real reason to have it. Of course, if we weren't moving, it wouldn't matter, so I guess we'll just have to try to stop moving so frequently... Ahh, wouldn't THAT be a novel idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment