Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hickersonia Elementary Opens


Well, our son started Kindergarten on Monday, albeit officially school doesn't begin until tomorrow. So far, he and I have focused on handwriting, social studies, and history courses – things I feel relatively confident I can at least help with. His mother will be working with him on reading, language arts, and math. There will also be a science course, although I'm not sure how we'll do that class yet since I can get into it but I may just not have time every day.

This home schooling program through K-12 is pretty interesting, for those who might be interested in that sort of thing. I never really thought it could be made easy enough for parents to handle, but it looks like they did a better job than I could have anticipated. I particularly like the “Study Island” program they have because I can set him up on it in the morning for 20 or so minutes while I get my coffee started and try to wake myself up enough for the other lessons. Hey, I gotta have my caffeine you know!

Of course, school starts while work is pounding me with overtime, but I guess I can't have it easy or I'd be cheating or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment